Monday, November 26, 2012

Beyond the Dinner Table

Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday over the past few years. It is a time that you come together with family. It is a time that you truly give thanks to God for all that you have been blessed with. I have so many memories of thanksgivings past. I remember being taught about the Pilgrims and how the Indians helped them through their first winter. I remember going to my grandmother's house with all of my mom's family. I remember the smell of turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, among other wonderful foods. What sticks out the most to me though is this Thanksgiving that I spent with Rachel. It was just the two of us this year. It was wonderful. We had a nice quiet day together. There was no rushing or running around. We were so thankful for how God has provided for us in the past year. It wasn't about the food. It wasn't about gorging ourselves on turkey. It was about being together and giving thanks to God for His presence constantly working in our life together. My prayer is that this Thanksgiving was an experience that moved beyond the dinner table and into your hearts. May each of you be blessed in the coming year that you cannot help but be thankful with each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To School

Back To School
Ah yes, young minds are like wet sponges waiting to absorb all there is to be learned at this fine intstitute of Johnson Bible College.

On The Trail

On The Trail
Let's go hunt some wabbits

The Behr's In The Mountains

The Behr's In The Mountains
On Top of Old Smokies